Saturday, August 18, 2012

Weird Science


Fashion Obsession > Nasty Gal's creator, Sophia Amoruso, really should have thought about her devoted 'gals' before she came up with this idea. You can kiss my paycheck goodbye, I will literally be the woman who lived in her shoes. Because on August 27th, Nasty Gal releases their first collection for Fall 2012.

When I first heard Amoruso was doing a collection I thought the pieces would end up being a more expensive version of the items they sell now. But I am thoroughly impressed and ecstatic over the detailed and standout pieces Nasty Gal has created. Yes, you will see the bralettes and the fringe hot shorts, but you will also see 80's inspired cocktail dresses with sharp shapes and boning. Plunging necklines and bold colors. Fantastic feathers and curve revealing fits. Everything and more you could ask for, and things you have only dreamed of. The collection is only uplifted by Terry Richardson shooting the collection, styled by Sophia herself with nothing but a backdrop and a few vintage computers. Oh, and how could I forget, the girls are wearing shoes from the Nasty Gal x Jeffrey Campbell Collab.

There is absolutely nothing missing in this collection except its placement in my closet.

View and shop the entire collection here, availble August 27.


No comments:

Post a Comment