Thursday, June 14, 2012

Dedicated to the Outfit


Wish List > A large part of the reason I know I will always be immersed in fashion is the constant nostalgia I have while shopping, browsing or simply reminiscing on styles I have come across over the years. I thought about this last night as I recalled what is to be a perfect example of this. There was a T.A. I had in college. She walked into my writing lab wearing a dark grey Mickey Mouse crew neck sweater, fit like the one above. She wore a perfectly crisp yet feminine white and grey pinstriped woven button-up underneath with the lapels sitting exact on the neckline as if they were one article. It was perfect. Classic. A staple outfit. This was 5 years ago and  I have never forgotten that outfit and still have yet to perfect it myself.

A few days ago, I came across the sweater above on one of my favorite blogs, Karla's Closet and it has reignited my need to find that perfect crew neck sweater. I have searched online, vintage stores and even gone to Disneyland itself, all to no avail. Short of sending out a 'missing sweater's report', I have exhausted all options and would LOVE any suggestions.

Call me crazy, but these are the things you do for the love of fashion.

2 comments:

  1. http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=mickey+mouse+grey+sweater&_sacat=0

    check here <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope. Not there either. I am telling you. Its like the holy grail of sweaters.

      Delete