Monday, March 12, 2012

Somebody's Sober


Life Changes > It has been 50 days since I decided to quit drinking. Never thought I'd make it to 50 days. Not going to lie, I circle the date in my calendar book daily and keep count. Some days the changes I see in myself seem more significant than others. Some days the want and longing for the times that go hand-in-hand with drinking, are more intense than others. I have never gone this long without a drink in the last 10 years,  which once said aloud sounds absolutely crazy to me. Don't worry, I am not going to preach, but I am going to remember how this has felt.

In 50 days:

How does it feel? - Physically? Incredible. 50 days without drinking means, hold on - wait for it, it means no hangovers. Crazy right? It has become incredibly easy on my body and mind to make and keep a healthy schedule in all aspects of my life. Not to mention the energy I have and the weight I have lost.

What have a learned about myself? - I cry all the time. haha. I don't walk around like a blubbering baby, but I am apparently incredibly sensitive, just ask my (amazing and understanding) boyfriend. I have realized I have an intense want to fill as much of my time as possible, which may be driving some of my friends crazy, but you realize how much time you really have in a day when you're not sleeping in till 4pm nursing a hangover.

How have I changed? - I miss my afternoon cocktails, my Sunday bottomless mimosas and my fave glass of red wine. I do. But I am discovering a much better person without the alcohol, which is simply a choice for myself. It has only been 50 days, and it has been a whole ... 50 ... days. I feel very free, happy, and excited about everyday and everything I am becoming involved in. I have made it this far and I have no intention on looking back. With that said --> onto the next 50!

1 comment: